PhotobucketPhotobucket photo instagram_zpste7hhdsc.pngPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

the simple things

"Well its funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most
Not where you live, the car you drive, or the price tag on your clothes
There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind this I've come to know
So if you agree have a drink with me, Raise your glasses for a toast
To a little bit of chicken fried.....

Life is simply about the little things. I've learned this all to well. Treasure the small things, enjoy the simple moments, and celebrate each and every day. My husband came home with flowers the other day. He's still in AIT and won't be done until the end of Aug. Having him visit with us for brief moments over some weekends is amazing. The kids and I are missing him, but we are thankful to have him close by.

My brother, Paul, loved the Chicken Fried song by Zac Brown. That song, little did we know would have so much more meaning than we ever thought possible. It was his ring tone and now it's the ring tone to some of my other siblings. The lyrics speak so much truth. I can't listen to it and not think of him... it is him. He's missed in every possible way. The next few months are going to be so hard. It marks many milestones. We're making it through the days and it's not because we want to. It's because we have to.. it's called "living".

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment