PhotobucketPhotobucket photo instagram_zpste7hhdsc.pngPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Homeschool and Honoring

I've been awake since 3:30 with a sick child and haven't been back to sleep, so I thought I would take this "quiet" time to get a few things done on the computer. First off, for those of you who don't know that I homeschool... I do. This is my second year teaching my son and so far things are going good. I like the freedom of teaching him things he is interested in. He loves the ocean life, bugs and reptiles. The boy knows so much about those things. We also do a lot of art work. One, because that was my major and two, he also loves it. My husband and I had decided to homeschool him when he was going through his treatment with cancer. While on chemo, his immune system was so low that he couldn't go out of the home on some days. We felt that even now, we would give him the chance to not fight all the germs in a school, get his immune system going again and just see how this went. Two years later and here we are. I've recently started a homeschool blog to track good sites with great info and projects and so that others could see what kinds of cool things we do. A lot of it will be projects that I post about but I know a handful of homeschoolers and we are always looking for ideas. So, if you are interested you can go HERE ! Photobucket Also, As most of you know, my brother was killed on Aug. 19, 2009 while serving in Afghanistan. We are currently in the process of trying to raise funds to have a playground built in his memory here in Williamsburg. If you are in the area or live somewhere near here, on January 21 and 22 we are having a Laser Tag Fundraiser at WISC. It's a great way to have fun and support a good cause. We will also be selling our "support our troops/ Honor our Fallen" apparel. So come on out and tell your friends!! The link for the shirts is HERE! and for more info on Laser Tag.. Go HERE. Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment