PhotobucketPhotobucket photo instagram_zpste7hhdsc.pngPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I did it.

Throughout my entire college career I never got a tattoo. Loved many of my friends tattoos but nothing ever stood out to me. I just never felt the need to get one and if I ever got one, I wanted it to be something so meaningful that I never regretted it for anything. I mean.. it is kind of permanent. :) Well, last year on my birthday I had the one on my forearm done. It's my brother's name with the date he was killed and a gold star. I also had faith written on my wrist. The one on my wrist was created using his art work to form the word. I love them today as much as I did when I got them. Two weeks ago, I had another one done. This is my last. If I've learned anything over the course of the past 5 years it's this verse... "Set your mind on the things above, and not on earthly possessions." Col. 3:2. Nothing materialistic in this world matters. Nothing. When the time comes and we are gone, NOTHING goes with you. All that matters is the friendships, family, memories and the love you have for others. It's all about spreading the love of the Lord and showing others what that means. When my son was diagnosed with cancer, we didn't worry about his toys, the clothes, the vacation, etc. We worried about only him. When my brother was killed, he left behind brand new clothes, sunglasses, and shoes. Nothing went with him. What we cared about most were the memories with him... The laughter that filled the room, the jokes that came out of his mouth and the smiles he still brings to my face. I didn't care if he had the coolest car, the newest electronics or any of that stuff. I set my mind of what I think God has planned for my life and for the life of those around me. I try to not be consumed by the what magazines think I should buy or what the newest thing on the market it. This is also the lesson I am trying to teach my children. This verse means a great deal to me and I try to live it to the fullest. So..... I had the first portion tattooed on my shoulder with a heart that my brother had drawn. It means the world to me and I don't think I will ever regret it. :) Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment