PhotobucketPhotobucket photo instagram_zpste7hhdsc.pngPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, March 24, 2012

running in honor

I've picked up running again. I used to run more in college and then have since quit. I'm a swimmer. It comes so naturally. I can swim for an hour and never feel like it was a true workout. The pool is my home and the chlorine is my smell. It all began when I was 7 and didn't stop til I was finished competing in college. Right now though, my Y membership is done and I don't have a pool to swim in and come summer I most likely won't be going as much anyways... So, I'm not swimming at the moment. Until then.. I will run. It's harder for me and after 20 minutes I feel as though I have run for hours. It is not natural and a much harder workout. I do my runs for him. When the going gets tough I think of my brother and the other fallen heroes. I think of what they have given and what they would give to be able to run. It gets me through and I've actually become to start liking it. It is now "my" time and I find I push myself further each time. My competitive nature is coming out. :) At the last EXPO I met this sweet girl who was selling charms that benefited causes or where in memory of someone. My mom bought me the photo charm and I love it. He is with me every step of the way. If you are looking for a charm go HERE! She has a lot more at the EXPO though. Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment