PhotobucketPhotobucket photo instagram_zpste7hhdsc.pngPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Honoring

My brother's birthday was on the 19th. That would make it this past Monday and only two days ago. We went to Arlington National Cemetery very early in the morning. We always leave at the crack of dawn in order to make it there by 8 am. 9 am starts the funerals and it's hard for us to be around during that time. Of course, it brings back so many memories. We spent a couple of hours there this time, met with a couple who I've come to know pretty good after the death of my brother via facebook and were honored with two prints from them. Mark is the founder of God Bless the Troops. If you haven't checked out the prints and paintings they have, be sure to jump over to their site and view the awesome work that is online. His niece did a painting of my brother which is just out of this world. It brought everyone to tears. She is a stunning artist and we are forever grateful. Mark presented us siblings with a print/painting titled "America's Valor". It too is just beyond words. I have found a spot to hang it, which will be viewed by everyone who walks through the door. It has become one of my most cherished pieces of "Paul" gifts that I have received over the past two years. It's a very moving piece. This painting says so much and I just love looking at it. Oh and by the way, my little "Christmas" tree is still up because it is now more of a memorial tree in honor of my brother. It's filled with ornaments that have something to do with him.. military, childhood, etc. It has stayed up year round so that I can view it daily and add ornaments as I find them.

Thank you so much Mark and Amy for everything you guys did for us. We are honored by all that you have done, are doing and will continue to do to remember our fallen heroes. It was wonderful getting to meet you both and especially at such a special location.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment