PhotobucketPhotobucket photo instagram_zpste7hhdsc.pngPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, October 1, 2012

Editing Style

Editing images is very important to me. It totally defines my style and sets me apart from other photographers. I love to look at other photographers images and see how they edit or what kind of style they go for. After several years, I can finally say that in the past year and half I have finally figured out "my" style. I like my images to be soft, light, hazy and yet have a spark of brightness. It's me. It's what I want my images to come out looking like and I have found it. What a relief. As a photographer, you invest so much time researching, learning, finding yourself, and trying to brand your product. There are so many amazing photographers out there and it can be a bit overwhelming. With so many styles and with my problem of loving pretty much everything, I found it to take a long time! Trust me, if you are looking for "your" style you will find it and when you do, you will love it.

My advice is to mark your most favorite photographers, study their work, look at their editing styles and see what it is you like. Then, compare all those photographers and see what it is that they have in common. More likely than not, there will be something that stands out among them all. Then you can work off that. I have a list of about 5 that I check on regularly just because I love their work and everything they do post processing. So nice!

Some of you have asked about my editing and what I do so I have decided to show you a few of my straight out of camera (SOOC) shots vs. the finished edit that I do.  Editing is a HUGE part of my style. I love to edit images and would never give an image away without "my" touch done to it. NEVER! So, any images you get from me are all edited. I get this question alot... "Do edited images come with the cost?" or "How much does it cost to have you edit the images?" Editing is included in any session from me. It's what makes my photos feel like me.









No comments:

Post a Comment