PhotobucketPhotobucket photo instagram_zpste7hhdsc.pngPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, January 4, 2013

Capturing the little moments.

For the past three weeks we have battle whatever it was that has been going around. I'm not sure how we ended up catching something and I'm assuming it was brought in through me since I was the first one to get sick, followed by Montana, Myla and then Makenna. My husband seems to rarely get sick, which is a good thing. It looks as though we are now on the mend, yay. Makenna is the last one to not be feeling well but I think she has finally kicked it as well, thank goodness.

In that time, my in-laws came to visit, it was Christmas, and it was the New Year. We were able to participate in some fun things with the kids as they felt like they were up to it. I also realized that during that time and for some months before this, I have not taken many photos of my family or my kids. So, I have a New Year's resolution... yes, I know, we make them and break them. But, this year I'm going to try to take more photos of my kids and actually do more shoots. This past year was a blur. A lot went on and it was crazy busy. Even if I have to snap with the iphone, I will take more photos. I'm on a mission people. There is just something about capturing people as they are and I want to remember my kids for the little things that make them who they are. As life gets carried away we tend to forget the tiny details and by snapping images of them in their environments, I can remember little pieces that I would normally never remember.

For example, Chris took Montana in the backyard and started teaching him how to shoot his bow. As I was looking out the window, I saw the two of them practicing, laughing and bonding. So, I thought to myself, "I should so capture this moment of the two of them." I did. It's the smallest moments in our life that make up some of the greatest memories.... and don't I know this. So, here is to a year filled with lots of wonderful memories... Happy 2013.





No comments:

Post a Comment