PhotobucketPhotobucket photo instagram_zpste7hhdsc.pngPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Penguin Art

I'm almost certain that most of you have heard of pinterest. If you haven't, you should jump on the bandwagon and join. That website has come in handy on more than one occasion. With me homeschooling on top of everything else, I just don't always have the time to think up art projects or other ideas for teaching so I tend to use it alot. It's a neat website for organizing your ideas and collecting thoughts. The only thing I try to do is make sure I "use" it. I don't want to spend countless hours pinning things if I'm not actually going to use it to my advantage. 

Yesterday we did a little craft with the kids. All kids just love to get a nifty pair of scissors in their hands, especially my second child. She'll cut up anything and everything if you let her, which means my scissors are out of reach. She did cut her own hair last year and luckily it wasn't anything we couldn't live with. :) Before we began, I read the kids a penguin book which they loved called Learning to Fly. Then I let them try their hand at cutting circles to create their very own penguin. There are two things kids love doing when doing arts and crafts. That would be cutting and gluing. My third child is glue happy. Needless to say, they were super proud of their penguins and hung them proudly for daddy to see when he got home from work. If you are looking for the link, it can be found HERE. I know in the past I said I would show you my homeschool/art center and I promise I will get to that... hopefully by the beginning of next week. Have a great Wednesday!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment