PhotobucketPhotobucket photo instagram_zpste7hhdsc.pngPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I can feel him.

September 19 was my brother's (Paul) birthday. We spent the morning with him at Arlington, enjoyed some cupcakes and just sat among the heroes. "His" days are some of my favorite. why?, well because they are his days and everyone recognizes that. As a family, we recognize him every single day but most others do not and on "his" days they do. It's a good feeling and he deserves that attention. He is missed beyond belief. 

When we got home later that day, my husband and I had some bread and dip. Paul loved the Cheese Shop dip and we have it quite often but we always have it on "his" days. We sat outside, had a drink, and I watched the leaves on the trees blow. I love the wind. The wind is something that can not be seen. You can feel the wind as it blows through your hair and you can see the affect of the wind as it moves through the trees and yet you can't actually see it. Even though you can't physically see it, you still know that it's there. That is exactly how I feel about Paul. I can't see him, however, I can feel his spirit all around me and I can see the affect he has had on so many others as well as myself. When I feel the wind.. I think of him. He will forever be with me, no matter where I go. 

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1




No comments:

Post a Comment