PhotobucketPhotobucket photo instagram_zpste7hhdsc.pngPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

No power, no lights.. more play.

The other week we had a really bad storm. The kind where the thunder is so loud that you hear the plates and cups rattle in the cabinet. It was only a matter of time before our power went out and sure enough, it did. Of course it always seems to happen with the very last strike of lightening. Myla was in the kitchen, the lightening struck, and I didn't hear a peep from her. I thought for sure she was going to come screaming and crying. It wasn't until I called her name after not hearing from her for about two minutes that she burst into tears and said, "I'm so scared!" The poor thing was scared to move. Luckily it was the middle of the day and we still had some light. It wasn't alot with how many clouds were out but enough for the kiddos to play. We brought out different toys and they played for hours. It was nice and yet by the end of the 6 hours with no power I was dying for the computer so I could get some more editing done. I guess I can't complain. Last year during the hurricane, we were the last neighborhood to get power after 7 days. It made this not seem bad at all. And while the kids played, I snapped some shots of them playing with the little amount of light that shown through their window. These are moments that can't be replaced.





No comments:

Post a Comment